Do you want to know how to add a plugin to a wordpress website ?then you are at the right place. follow me closely and i will tell you how.
bfore we go further lets quickly look at the meaning of a plugin.
what are plugins:
A plugin is a software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. thereby extending the functionality of the website. WordPress plugins are coded in the PHP programming language and integrate seamlessly with WordPress. the good thing about plugins is they are develop by individuals and are sold to users at a low price.
How to add a plugin to a website
There are two ways to add a plugin to a wordpress website.
- from the wordpress admin dashboard
- by uploading directly
To add a plugin from the wordpress admin dashboard, do the following
- login to your wordpress admin where and click on the plugins button at the left corner.
- now click on the add new button.
- then it will load some popular plugins in the wordpress directory.
- if the plugin you are looking for is not there, click on the search bar at the top of the page to search for the desire plugin.
- when you finally find the plugin you are looking for, click on the install button
- after a successful installation, click on the activate button
congratulations you just installed a plugin.
READ THIS ALSOhow to drive traffic to your blog in Nigeria
To upload a plugin directly, perform the steps above to step 3, at the top of the page you will see the upload button , click on it to upload the desire plugin from your computer.
i hope this article guides you on how to add a plugin? do me a favour by liking my page on facebook and also follow us on twitter