MEANING OF JUPEB
JUPEB means Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. that allows candidates to apply for Direct entry into any university in Nigeria or abroad.
BASIC REQUIREMENT FOR JUPEB PROGRAMME
To be eligible to take examinations leading to the award of JUPEB’s Direct Entry Certificates, the candidate must have been exposed to an intensive scheme of academic work relevant to his/her proposed university course.
• Each candidate must register, sit for Examinations and satisfy the Board of three subjects and a General Studies course relevant to the proposed course in any of the universities.
- Each subject is to be broken into four courses to be taken, two per semester, by the candidate. The results in all the courses are to be merged at the end of the second semester to obtain the candidate’s grade in that particular subject.
- Each candidate is expected to take twelve (12) courses, six per semester, and a General Studies course
- The general Studies for courses in each University Faculty will be based on relevant General courses suggested for that Faculty by each university.
- The students upon completion of the programme will be issued certificates based on their level of performance which bear Letter Grades of A, B, C, D,E or F in each of the three subjects and General Studies Paper. For admission into each university, each candidate, in addition to passing the prescribed JUPEB examinations for issuing the Direct Entry Certificates, must satisfy all other conditions as prescribed by his/her university of choice.
JUPEB PROGRAMME DURATION
The duration of the Programme of courses for the Board’s Examination is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters. jupeb is approved By the Federal Government has a platform for securing admission into a higher institution in the country and abroad.
ENTER YOUR EMAIL TO GET FREE JUPEB PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWER
HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR JUPEB RESULT GRADE
the jupeb result is display in the following format A(5POINTS), B(4POINTS),B(3POINTS) C(2POINTS) D(1POINT) and E(0POINT)
Jupeb grading points is as following
- 70-100%(A) is 5points
- 60-69%(B) is 4points
- 50-59%(C) is 3points
- 45-49%(D) is 2points
- 40-45%(E) is 1point
- 39 Below (F) is 0Points
HOW TO REGISTER FOR JUPEB
To register for jupeb programme, candidates can visit any jupeb center close to them or can apply online in any university in Nigeria that is offering Jupeb programme . READ ALSO
HOW LONG DOES THE JUPEB RESULT LAST
Jupeb result is is always valid and does not expire unlike Jamb result. the candidate can use jupeb result to apply for direct entry as long as they want. the result is always release a month after the last paper.