The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has disclosed that a new date has been fixed for those candidate who did not get their scores in the just concluded Jamb examination earlier held in March this year.
According to an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja last Sunday, Mr. Benjamin said that the body has set 26th May 2018 as the new date for the examination.
According to the body spoke’s man, more than 12,000 candidates who had some issues during the main examination in March are expected to sit for the mop up examinations in some selected centres across the country. He further added that the mop up examination is not for every candidate that did not get their score because some candidate did not get their scores as a result of the exam misconduct they were caught in.
Candidates who are qualified to sit for the mop up examination
According to Mr. Benjamin, the following categories of students are qualified to participate in the mock examination:
- Those candidates whose biometrics were not properly captured during the initial period of the UTME in March.
- Those candidates who are yet to see their results since the end of the examinations in March till date and have not been involved in any form of malpractice.
- It will also include those,who were unable to print their slips before 2018 UTME was conducted in March.
- There are centres that were cancelled because of suspicious activities but the JAMB was unable to identify the actual culprits. Candidates from these centers are qualified for the rescheduled examinations.
Candidates who are not qualified to sit for the mop up examination
According to the report, candidates who were caught in examination malpractices and other illicit acts are not permitted to write the mock exam.
Candidates are hereby advice to print their e-slips from Monday, May 21 if only they did not fall into any of the category listed above.
steps on how to print your slip
- Log into JAMB UTME website with your email address and password
- Enter your JAMB Registration Number or Email address in the appropriate column.
- Click on “Print Examination Slip” to access your exam scheduled